Clay Township is located within the "Clay Township/Clayton Joint Economic Development District (JEDD)"
- The Clay Township/Clayton Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) was established January 4, 2008 to promote economic development of commercial and industrial sites in the JEDD.
- The contract's initial term is through December 31, 2037.
- There are currently 34 businesses (Listed HERE) and property owners in the JEDD.
In 2008, the JEDD was governed by a five member board:
- Joseph P. Tuss, Chairman
- Norm Kneiss, Vice Chair - Represents the Township
- Brian Elkins, Secretary/Treasurer - Represents the City
- Charles Menker, Board Member - Represents the Employees
- Malcolm Treon, Board Member - Represents the Businesses
- Applied for grant funding from Ohio's Job Ready Sites program
- Water line completed along US 40 by Montgomery County
- 2 Business Outreach Meetings
- 5 Business First Visits (AAG, Blackthorn, Doors Galore, F&M Express, USA)
- Financial Assistance Applications (Stimulus Funds - Jacks Lane, Stimulus Funds - Water Main Extension, Ohio ISIF - US40/SR49 Development Site)
- 4 Business First Visits w/Montgomery County (Display Dynamics, Hofacker Precision, Melody Pool, Sluterbeck Tool)
- Established Sewer Utility Assistance Program
- Business Assistance Provided to Melody Pool, Timber Lanes, Doors Galore
- Coordinate with Montgomery County on Jacks Lane Pump Station project
- 1st Phase of Kimmel Road Sewer project completed
- Applied for Ohio Job Ready Sites funding to provide sewer service Dahm Property
- Montgomery County awards Jacks Lane Pump State project
- Income Tax Collection transferred to City of Vandalia
- Jacks Lane Pump Station project completed
- Work session was held on July 25th to discuss outreach to businesses and communication with them as well
- Draft of the Utility Assistance Program completed
- Work session was held on October 10th to discuss Clay Township's land use plan and how it affected the JEDD
- Workshop held January 23rd
- Business Assistance Program approved
- Economic Development Agreement entered into with Englewood Truck Stop, Inc.
- A JEDD Fact Sheet and newsletter was created for distribution and posting on websites and social media
JANUARY 2018 JEDD MINUTES
DECEMBER 2017 JEDD MINUTES
OCTOBER 2017 JEDD MINUTES (NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE)
JULY 2017 JEDD MINUTES
APRIL 2017 JEDD MINUTES
JANUARY 2017 JEDD MINUTES
DECEMBER 2016 JEDD MINUTES (DRAFT ONLY)
SEPTEMBER 2016 SPECIAL MEETING
JULY 2016 JEDD MINUTES
MARCH 2016 SPECIAL MEETING
JANUARY 2016 MINUTES
TO LEARN MORE, CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR JEDD BROCHURE!
2018 JEDD NEWSLETTER
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM GUIDELINES
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM APPLICATION